Saturday, August 8, 2015

You Rock...Welcome Back.

Today is Saturday. My husband has taken the kiddo away for the day so that I can get organized for the weeks ahead. On Monday we officially start our third year of homeschooling.

In some ways my student is more excited than me. He knows the joy of working at his own pace, taking interest led workshops at PACT, meeting up with buddies for Lego Club, and (on some days!) throwing up our hands and opting for a day of play instead of work.

While I look forward to the days that include fun hands on projects, relaxed mornings at home, and family time uninterrupted by homework, I groan when I think about the planning, grading, and my plans getting screwed up when a project takes longer or shorter than expected.

I know there will be those days when finishing assignments is like pulling teeth or I would rather be diving into a project at work then thinking about how I am going to get him to write with more expression.

So if you are in the same place I am, don't worry. There is a reason.Teaching is hard. And on top of that, we have chosen to do something out of the box, unusual.

We have chosen to do what most people would not attempt. To provide a differentiated education for our children. We are not relying on someone else to chart their education.  Many of us have chosen what is best for our children over extra money and extra time.

It is that time of year when I have to remind myself to take a deep breath. Act with confidence. Don't look back.

We are in this together. My kid, my husband, Ms. Judy, and our PACT community.



No comments:

Post a Comment